Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lake Carmi

I am lucky to have a place like this in my back yard. I have a five minute drive for some good pike flyfishing. I have to say that the last 2 nights have been very good to me. Each pike I have caught reminds me of why I fly fish for pike! Big or small I love'm. Water temps have been in the 56-60 degree range and air temos in the low to mid 60's. Lake Carmi has a surface area of 1375acres and is the 4th largest natural lake intirely within Vermont,and has a max depth of 40ft. The last 2 nights I have had a chance to get out and flyfish but what is been real good is that when I get home from work I can putter around the house because the pike fishing seems to be the best from 6:30pm-8:15pm. Most of my pike have taken purple and black,perch colors,rabbit strip bunny bugs in yellow,black,orange and chartruse. I also had the great experience of landing a 3rd cast 8lb snot rocket which once hooked bolted to deeper water. After a quick tussle and a couple of pics I noticed the tail end of what was a small pike about 12inches......fricken awesome I thought! Maybe we should tie some pike colored pike flies! Any way enjoyed the evening and am very happy to say that I love the switch to 60-80lb mono...the best thing I have done! Would also like to thank my friends Simon Graham, DaveLindsay and Dave Edwards for the fantastic flies reports and friend ship be sure to check their sites out if you don't your'e missin out!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Lake Carmi. Many happy memories. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete