Saturday, June 6, 2009

Move over Bugs Bunny.........

I original plan was to keep a couple posts a week up but have found that with new friends and all of the fun pike stuff out in the world to report on I will post more day by day. Thanks to all who visit my site and am very thankful for all the new friends made! This post is on a material that I tie with and have not seen on any other pike fly. I credit this discovery to my good buddy Brian Price a.k.a"The Mad Creator". This is a craft store discovery that he uses on a few other patterns and when we hit the lake earlier this spring had tied some up in the "BIG" size for me. Well after seeing what looked like a friggin lake monster bust out of the water and destroy this 8 inch long black leech lookin pike fly he ties thought well we are onto some thin here! With a little tinkering in the lab I have a variation of his fly. I tell you right now and this is no shit this stuff blows bunny strips outta the water hands down. You can cast this stuff a country mile and does not feel like your throwing a wet sock-one back cast to dry and shoot no problems and the pike LIKE IT! Red and white , all black all white , olive try any color you get your hands on. If anyone has any questions just e-maol me are leave me a comment and will get right back to you. Also found that useing a cloths pin for pike flies and on this one when working with epoxy is the way to go. Many thanks Brian good stuff bro.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your songs and photos. Keep um coming........K

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so whats the magic material buddy im intriged , and by the way just clicked over onto your blog and was reading the article then ac/dc starts blasting out now this had me reaching for the mobile phone which i had the very same song as a ring tone , i rememberd shortly after not finding it that i dont in fact have a mobile anymore as my 2 yr old destroyed it thanks for making making me laugh and cheering me up on an otherwise drab day at work .......the blogs shaping up nicely buddy.

    dave (scotland)

    ReplyDelete