Monday, August 3, 2009

Fly Tying.....

Had a nice talk with Dave Lindsay today. I was telling him about a recent fly I had been using for bass bugging in the lily pads. This fly looked great in the shop. Normally I don't buy flies but if I see something that catches my eye and has potential modification then i will drop the $4.50 a fly for this great looking weedless thing. Well it worked great until the second bass crunched it. This is where the shit hit the fan. Eyes fell off, rubber legs deer hair...you get the picture. Nothing like taking your hard earned cash and pissin it away! Anyway what I am trying to say is it can be much more enjoyable and rewarding tying your own patterns. You make them very durable and to fit your needs! I am in the process of taking a new fly fisherman under my wing...and he asked me to...show him how to tie some patterns. I hope this sparks an addiction for life! Tight Lines!

1 comment:

  1. get him a pike on the fly and will be addicted , get him to catch on a fly he has tied himself and he will be addicted for life

    nice post bro

    ReplyDelete