Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gartside's Gurglers................

Ok I am a pike nut...no if and or buts..! I missed 2 nice pike tonite on top right by the boat made my heart jump to my throat!..Love top water! The lake was calm as shit and no better time to throw big noisy bugs! I fished the umpqua pike fly and missed a decent pike and then it was water logged as shit. I switched over to a Gartside gurgler and well the rest is history. I love this fly I have been tying it for years and has never let me down when conditions are right. I missed a small pike as soon as I tied on and then the big bass just ate the hell out of it! This pattern was designed by Jack Gartside from Boston mass and is as simple and effective as it gets. Dave Edwards over at Deesox blogg just did up a bunch and you can check those out. You can also visit Dave Skok's site on my page and get to Jack's site from there as well. It is worth checking out for sure!!! Do yourself a favor if you love top water and love pike and bass give these a go....you won't be let down. I f any one also has any questions on tying these just drop me a line at ken.capsey@hotmail.com....thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment