Wednesday, August 5, 2009

pikepicker's brew of choice......


Well when the pike flyfishing is done or lets say when your in the lab, there's nothin like a good brew mates! Now my brew of choice is always a dark beer. I like the thickness and the roasty taste. I love the foam that flows over an ice cold mug on a 90 degree day that says man you have earned this!I have had some good one, Otter Creek Stove pipe porter, Iron Rat stout.....which will kick your ass....and Gritty's Black fly to name a small few. I want to mention Sam Adams Black Lager. This beer has a very dark brown look. It smells like a smokey dark burnt brew. The taste is a dark roast and very smooth. I love the stuff and if your a dark beer fan like me than you will too...trust me! Whats your favorite and would like to here about it.....raise a glass boys you've earned it.....cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Love dark ales. Used to drink some shit in the UK called "The dogs bollocks" & "The Sweaty Kangaroo". 3 bottles of that at 7.2% and you were munted like hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a nice beer im into bishops finger at the momment (no laughing at the back)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aside from flytying/flyfishing beer is my second largest interest, and when I say beer I mean Alews & stout style beer. Started out with all the popular english brands in the 90s and then I found all the american breweries that make Ales and stouts also. Right now I am into Brooklyn Brown Ale, Red Seal ale and all India Pale Ale style of beer. There is a great one called "Punk IPA" from Brew Dog brewery in england. The also make "Paradox" an imperial stout that's matured in whiskey casks, taste like nothing else!

    Cheeeeeeeers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing beats a can of tennents lager here in scotland

    ReplyDelete