Monday, November 30, 2009

Owner Hooks



I am starting to really take a liking to Owner hooks for my pike flies. I started using Owner when I started tying "weed runner" pike flies. those are a style that rides hook point up that was an instant hit the first time out! The hooks I am playing with right now are ideal for Dave Lindsay's "sub bugs". Visit our "Subbuggin" site if you have not yet as Dave and I run it together and is a place for all deer hair pike flies. owner model no-5131-144 is a fantastic hook in my book. The funny thing is that these hooks I found on a whim at the local fly shop...scratched my head and said what the hell..give them a go. Well I am glad I did as these hooks have a wide ring eye, are chemically sharpened , have a wide gap and are lazer cut with 3 micro cutting edges for an ultimate hook set. These are used by hardware throwers for trailers on their spinnerbaits. I have tied baitfish patterns on these and sub bugs and am quite pleased, my fiance picked up 4 more packs for me over the weekend. If you can get your hands on them try them let me know what you think of them. I have sent Dave some pics and he seems to be quite impressed with the looks of the hooks. Sub bug in picture tied on the owner hook....enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love owner hooks and use them for tarpon flies. Very very strong but not cheap.

    Have a good one!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete