Friday, December 4, 2009

Chain Pickerel....


When fly fishing pike in Vermont one can also hook up with chain pickerel at the same time. One being 5lbs is a true trophy. I landed a few good ones last spring my biggest being on a SUB BUG. An underrated fish I fish I feel that ESOX NIGER needs a little more respect. By far what they lack in size they make up for in attitude for sure. The best part about it , when you are chucking fluff, they will hit the big streamers as well I have stuck some on 7inch patterns! They do not miss a chance and fight like you stole from a pro boxer! I am lucky to have a few good spots to fish for them as well as pike some days are good some days well you know it's fishing....that's how it goes! Tight lines fellow fluffchuckers!!

3 comments:

  1. Ken,

    Pickeral are awesome - we used to catch them ice fishing in upstate NY when we used to live there....very underated indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill be having some of them , if i dont capseys going swimming

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehehehehehehe....youll be beggin me for that special pickerel pattern.

    ReplyDelete