Monday, December 7, 2009

Original "Jointed Bucktails"



This is a series of jointed bucktails I have been working on for a while now. After doing research on musky patterns and some detailed drawings in my note book I think it is perfected. I posted on my jointed bucktails back in early November. I like the action in the water and take a few special steps when tying these patterns that help the movement in the water. I also add large beads on the wire which helps with the great visual effect in the water. These are a great pattern to tie and let the tier be as creative as they want. I tie these in the 4/0-6/0 range and size varies from 6-8inches. I take great pride in the pike flies that I tie. I can't wait to toss these at pike and musky this spring...tight lines all!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet fly, very ORIGINAL!!! You are an amazing artist who comes up with the greatest creations and screw anybody who tries to steal from your originality!!

    ReplyDelete