Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday Tie In....



Welcome to another day of Tuesday madness with Dave Lindsay http://mcfluffchucker.blogspot.com and I. Today's tie were not on a specific pattern but a specific material, mylar tubing and stretch tubing. I f you have not had a chance to whip pike and predator flies with this stuff then your missin out! I picked up my tubing at the local shop for 1.50 a yard! My patterns to tie were well big pike patterns 6inches of yummy snack I tell ya! I kinda stuck to the deceiver style but with a pikepicker twist. 4/0 orvis pike and musky hooks...which I love to tie on. Some bucktail and some flash, I also coated the mylar body 3 times with hard as nails, I feel this added step will help keep pike from shredding it up and last a little longer. I have some further plans for more mylar patterns for pike , pickerel and muskies I just got to get the latest patterns and materials jotted down in my book before I forget. Dave and I really enjoy this as we just talk over in brief what the plan is then meet up later for the results, untapped and unfiltered flies freshly brewed just for you with no after taste.....ahhhhhhhhh Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment