Friday, January 29, 2010

Kickin it at the "PIKE RANCH"



Got to love Vermont weather, pouring rain one day, snow storm the next, 70 degrees in January then -3 the next I could go on...but I won't. I did take advantage of a good strong wind yesterday and got out to the beach in the yard for a few casts. The Rs4 9wt pounded into the wind flawlessly. Yes the cars going by did stop and ask me if I was catching anything.....how do you answer a smart ass???? Play their game and say yep just released another one, or hold up the trophy "tree pounder you just caught, as they scratch their head you know you've won that round. Whats an nutty pike guy to do, locked in so much ice. Stoke the fire tie lots of pike flies..tease the cats into fighting with each other, drink some brews tie a few more flies troll the net in search of useless crap"it's actually fun to see the weirdest shit you can find". Run to the mailbox in record speed barefoot is also a fun game "though I don't recommend it" yes in the the snow no wussin out!!! As my feet have healed from the operation I had in November I am back to work Monday. Good thing cause one more week of being at home and waking up my fiance with the sounds of a pounding hair stacker and the radio would be the end of me. Cheers all of you who visit and enjoy my blog.....from one flyfishing nut to another tight lines!!!

5 comments:

  1. going to miss those early morning phone calls bro , how you going to cope with no afternoon nap....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...glad to hear your healed up in time for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drill a hole...catch a pike..its easy! Aint no reason a man should go as long as you without the smell of fish on your fingers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The site www.weightlossguide.com is one which contains uses daily usage,side effects of that entire stacker,which cannot be seen in any site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya should've asked one of those cars for a ride, ya know ... and do a little trolling...

    ReplyDelete