Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday Tie Off




Hey Fluffflingers! Welcome to another "Tuesday Tie Off" Today's pick was well Bunny Rabbit, if you did not get the hint I dropped this morning. Anyway bunny is a great material to work with for pike tiers. You can as neat or well you couls probably lash the stuff on a big hook and add some flash and catch a pike because of it's seductive movement in the water. But hey Dave and I just don't lash stuff on a hook and call it close enough. Any way I got a little creative with the heads instead of materials. One the chinchilla bug I added glitter no big deal there but hey it may make a difference some how. I try to keep the rabbit a bit on the smaller side for the tail as you know this stuff tends to soak water up pretty good. I have found that by adding more tailing material you can make a respectable size pike snack and looks great in the water! The next pattern is a favorite color of mine and pike...red and white. Now I remember way back when I saw a Scott Sanchez pattern for pike with a heart bead. For some reason I could not find a picture of this pattern. This was about 10 years ago I think. Any way I was able to find some hearts at the local craft store in the big size. So here you have it the "heart stopper pike fly". This boy is 7 inches long perfect on a 9-10wt set up. Hope you enjoyed this weeks tie off and if anyone has any questions on tying these feel free to contact Dave or I. To see what McFluff has up his sleeve venture over to http://mcfluffchucker.blogspot.com tight lines everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment