Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Tie Off



Yo Mofo's! Welcome again....Spoke to McFluff this morning to smooth out the tie off details. Seems things were much easier when I was busted up with no feet for 3 months. But I love to tie pike flies so you can't keep a man down who love's to tie. Don't let anyone ever tell you you tie too much and all that horse shit. Tell that to Lefty or Clouser and Scott Sanchez or Barry Reynolds , these guys have hours of time behind a vise...get my drift. Watching Brad Bohen's work has me drooling for musky action this spring...cheers mate! Dave and I took up post on the bucktail side of things today. Only thing was we needed to use the piketrek gills with the bucktails. Well I have been messing around with jointed bucktails for a while and to tell you the truth they are frickin sweet in the water! My take was on the shad -alwive side of things. 5 inch snacks on the smaller side. Jointed with 45lb berkley wire and red beads for the guts. The profile is very sweet when wet and do think this will be a good bet when the esox want a little smaller treat. To see what Dave has whipped up scoot over to http://mcfluffchucker.blogspot.com Tight lines hope everyone is getting into some pike we have flood watches here so that puts a damper on things for a while.

1 comment: