Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fly Fishing Expo 3-26-2011





Saturday was the Burlington flyfishing expo. Lots of stuff going on as far as fly tying , casting , raffles and silent auctions. Had a chance to meet up with friends and met new ones as well. Tying was to benefit PROJECT HEALING WATERS. What a great thing to be part of!!! Brendan Hare organized the casting clinic and our buddy John took carer of the tying contest, Mike from GREEN MOUNTAIN TROUTFITTERS , Drew Price from " Drew Price flyfishing"and Brian Price were all in attendance for the show to help with casting and tying. Got to meet up with Matt Crawford formerly from the Burlington Free Press outdoor section , that was great to finally meet him. The show opened at 10am and ended at 3pm. Was very proud and very excited to be part of this years event. I tied basic trout streamers which I had not done in quite some time so tying up some mini predator snacks was great. Even better knowing that those donated flies may help put a fish on a vets line which I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for keeping us all safe. Your sacrifices for us do not go unnoticted. I also had brought a big batch of my latetest pike and musky flies which created quite a stir! I am at home with the 2/0-6/0 hooks and found myself missing the danville + thread after a few buggers tied up on 6/0 thread!!!!! Tight lines friends!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I've got a good shot from the show for you Ken. Once I get it one the computer I'll get it out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really cool it is in a hanger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whos that handsome man in green?

    ReplyDelete