Saturday, June 11, 2011

More on ole "chain link"







Esox Niger is his name and attacking is the game. Current world record 9 lb 6 oz caught in Georgia in 1961. Thats a hell of a fish as your average pickerel are around 2lbs or so. . I'd love to stick one of that size myself...ahhh dreams I guess. Frogs , lizards , snakes , small helpless creatures that happen to fall in the water and of course baitfish and crayfish all become pickerel buffet. Now I have been at this game a while on the the fly and everytime I hook a pissed pickerel I am amazed by how the fight just don't seem to end. That's why when Dave comes to visit my one goal is to help him better his pickerel catch from last year. Bigger in size and larger than life smiles. 7-8 wt rods rigged with some sweet flies tied by us will fill the bill. Calm waters and a slight chop early mornings with fresh coffee can't beat it! If you have any questions or want some help getting started with esox on the fly feel free to hit me up. Tight Lines happy tying and tight loops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment